Medical Billing Specialist – Accounts Receivable
The primary purpose of the Accounts Receivable Specialist is to efficiently process all denied charges and be a resource to the Billing Manager for solution to AR questions and issues. Accurate processing of denials will ensure reliable cash flow to position the company strategically and enhance the organization’s growth potential.
- Work assigned AR each day for resolution, being mindful of turn-around times, AR trends, and large variances in charge/tickler volume.
- Perform review of attorney settlements.
- Process insurance denials and appeals to ensure timely account resolution.
- Identify denial trends and determine process changes to prevent future denials.
- Assist with or obtain pre-authorization as required by various carriers.
- Work with other teams to address editing, coding and payment related issues.
- Back up and assist Customer Service Unit as needed for all Clients.
- Maintain compliance according to government insurance regulations and managed care contractual obligations.
- Maintain regulatory compliance by staying abreast of current trends and regulations in the financial and healthcare industries.
- Promote a culture that reflects the organization’s values, encourages good performance, and enhances productivity.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other related duties as required.
- Reports to work as scheduled and on time per policy with predictable regular attendance. Time away from work is approved and taken in accordance with established policies.
- Takes all reasonable steps to maintain confidentiality of all information related to patients, medical staff, employees, and as appropriate, other information, ensuring compliance with HIPAA mandates.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal communications in dealing with all others. Recognizes and respects differences in the work place. Demonstrates openness, sensitivity and commitment to the coworkers, patients, family members, and any other visitors to MRG.
- Consistently demonstrates and incorporates principles of safety and infection control into daily activities. Maintains current knowledge of disaster policies and participates appropriately in disaster drills. Expresses and applies principles of body mechanics to prevent injury and accidents.
- Displays consistent commitment to customer service and team work. Displays personal behavior that has a positive impact for the team.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to staying current in field of knowledge, expanding knowledge and skill, and contributing to organizational success.
- Displays ability to work in an ever-changing environment and participate constructively in change processes.
- Attends staff meetings, completes education program as requested or approved by MRG.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Two years of related experience and/or training
- Intermediate computer proficiency, including Microsoft Excel, is required in this role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Communication skills: Able to read and comprehend most documents, such as safety rules, operating procedures and instructions. He/she must also be able to write routine correspondence and present more complex ideas effectively to others.
- Reasoning Ability: Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. He/she should be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Responsibility for Errors: Properly analyze and adjust patient account balances to avoid unfavorable fiscal performance compared to financial objectives.
- Routine Contact with Others: The person in this role will represent Medford Radiology Group and billing clients by working collaboratively with patients, private attorneys, the District Attorney’s office, the State Disability office, the State Victims Compensation office, county social workers, hospitals, physicians, and insurance representatives.
- Confidential Data: This position has high level access to confidential data pertaining to patients. Failure to safeguard the aforementioned could negatively impact the company significantly, as the company could be liable for HIPAA violations and other related infringements.
- Special Equipment: Job duties require use of a computer (Microsoft Office Suite 2007 – Excel, Word; Imagine – Billing software); 10-key calculator, copier/fax/scanner, printer and phone.
WORKING CONDITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Continually required to remain in a seated stationary position for long periods of time.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, bend, reach, crawl, kneel, stoop, bend, climb, balance
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity, talk or hear
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items less than 25 pounds
- Occasionally required to climb stairs or position oneself as necessary to access resources pertinent on one’s desk/computer/files
- Occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, hot or cold
- Continually work with moderate noise associated with a typical work environment (computers, printer and light traffic)
- Occasionally work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals, infectious/bloodborne
Thank you for your interest. Please submit your resume via email to email@example.com.